Pages

6.02.2019

finding joy

Admittedly there is a lot of hard right now. I was not fully prepared to walk into the cardiac ICU and see my boy intubated with more tubes and IVs than I care to count.  Seeing the panic in his eyes when he began to awaken with the breathing tube in despite me assuring him that it was just for a minute...he had to awaken so we could see he'd breathe on his own. The delicate dance of pain management without over medicating is tough to watch. I have five amazing kids that I haven't hugged in 10 days. Bedside sleeping in the hospital isn't exactly refreshing.

BUT.

There is so much good. Each day brings more healing (yesterday, just 48 hours post op we left the cardiac ICU) and I've seen that precocious stink eye a time or two. The crew at home has wanted for nothing as our village has been providing meals every day for them and Mama. Flowers that have bloomed and been long gone in NC are providing beauty along the walk between family housing and the hospital. And there's a free cuppa in most hospital locations provided by Dunkin. 





Happy Sunday to you, may you pause to appreciate God's goodness in the people and nature around you!

No comments: