Pages

7.16.2008

Woah, this is crazy!

So this afternoon while Kylie is sleeping I'm getting caught up on my backlog of email from our vacation. One thing that had been on my to do list was to make contact on Caleb's SWI yahoo group. Doing that got me to thinking that I wondered what I blogged about near the date of his birth. Turns out that I wrote about a dream I had within two weeks of his birth. I copied my recount of the dream from an old blog post...

"Man oh man, have I been dreaming lately! I think I've heard that pregnant women dream a lot and have vivid, sometimes strange dreams. Well, I'm hoping that's true and I'm chalking up my restless nights lately to just that, "pregnancy hormones". I mean, I've been having some some crazy funny dreams that don't make sense at all.

But last night's must be a result of me checking so many China adoption chat rooms. I've got referrals on the brain (even though we are not very likely to get ours this month, a girl can dream, can't she?). So here it goes...

First of all, our Sunday School class was going on a retreat together. (That in and of itself isn't too crazy a thought, in fact, it would be fun to go to the mountains with that whole group, but I begin to digress from my story...) As we got there and began checking in to the house we were staying in, I noticed that there was a huge stack of FedEx boxes in the corner of the dining room. I inspected them closely and saw that our name was on one of the boxes. Then a Chinese man (I'm guessing an orphanage director) told us all to sit down. He began calling people up to get their box.

As I realized what was happening I began crying tears of joy. After the pregnancy of an elephant, we were finally about to learn who our daughter was. Ian was over talking to someone (he's had a lot of responsibility with our church's Habitat for Humanity Day ~ evey time I turn around at church lately I've lost him) and I was trying frantically to get him to come join me for the HUGE family moment that was about to come. That's when Teniah & Andy and Melanie & Randy (Andy and Randy are twin brothers for those of you outside of NC) came to sit at my table. Teniah got called up and returned with TWO boxes. Melanie got called up and also was given TWO boxes.

I remember being so confused because I hadn't realized that our friends had been in the adoption process. They opened their boxes to see that both of them were referred a set of six month old twin girls! Wow, I was so excited. Then finally the man called my name.

I carefully made my way up to him on wobbly legs and managed to get Ian to follow me to the table. We opened our box together! Inside was a picture of a beautiful 22 month old BOY! Woah!"

Talk about crazy!!! Granted the dream was 10 days after he was born and when we got our referral he was 20 months old, but are you seeing what I'm seeing? I guess God told me all along that I would adopt a toddler boy one day...

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow!! Your story-- and dream-- gave me cold chills!! It so awesome to see God's plan for us unfold, even when we cannot see the whole picture!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It is amazing to me how God speaks to us and show us His plan for our life. It will be wonderful for you to share this with your son someday!!!

Amy Woods said...

I really love it how He does that!! I had a similar story too. Did anyone in your small group adopt from China? Can't wait to follow your story and see all the other children in your travel group. Maybe twin girls in there!!

Anonymous said...

God is soooo good! Isn't it awesome to see His hand directly?
What a faith builder. Hooray!
LaoLao