Pages

7.02.2006

Fireworks and Fireflies?

So to explain my choice of title in a nutshell... Both things have brought waves of nostalgia over me in the past few weeks. We've been spending a lot of time with some of our friends from church lately. I've watched their children get excited about catching the first fireflies of the summer and sit in awe of a spectacular fireworks show. As I focused on the boundless joy of these little girls, I wondered if my parents felt the same way as they watched my sister and I as children, racing across the yard in breathless anticipation of being the first to fill our mason jar with the small glowing bugs. Or did they smile with satisfaction the first time we sat through a fireworks display without screaming our heads off because of the noise. Anyway, spending time with friends that have young children has made me that much more anxious for our referral to come from China! I can't wait until we get to watch our little one enjoy the summer! And as I held little Katie on my lap tonight and pointed to the splendor in the sky, I couldn't help but think that before long we will be pointing to a display much like the one we were seeing and explaining to our daughter that fireworks were created in her home country...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I think I will start reading your blog. Glad for you that your family is growing again. God bless.