Pages

2.13.2012

rest time promise

"Mommy, he's bod-er-ing me!"

It's her battle cry.

I hear it a million times a day.  Okay, well, not really a million...

But I am quite certain that since July 7, 2011 ~ the day we landed back on her turf with her little brother ~ I've heard it no less than ten times a day.  And it always comes at the most in-opportune moments like when I'm on the phone, while I've got raw chicken on my hands for dinner prep, if I'm working with Ky on her homework.

Some days I honestly think I'm going to lose my mind with that.  Because it is 99% of the time over nothing more serious than he looked at her "funny."

I've weathered this road before, it's just been a while.

Thankfully, just when I need it most, God sends me a precious moment from time to time to encourage me that she really does love him...

she asked the other day if she could nap on his *down bed* (nothing more than a mattress on the floor because he tends to roll off the bed) and when i peeked in later, this is what i found

We're gonna be just fine!

[The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.] 
 ~ RICHARD BACH, Illusions

18 comments:

Di said...

How cute! I am glad he didn't roll out of bed that day (by the way it was me that deleted the above comment - far too many typos!)

Stephanie Y said...

I totally understand!!!!

VTNessa said...

What a precious moment caught in a photo. :-) I love seeing your beautiful family!

Peggy said...

That is what I call perfection. Love it!

TanyaLea said...

absolutely priceless!! ...this is one of those times when a picture is truly worth a thousand words ~ especially to their mama!!!

hugs,
Tanya

anything but LoKEY said...

Thank you Father, for these precious moments! Love the new header and pictures too btw!

Our Journey to China said...

I love these sweet moments! You know I love our DQ, but we love them all just as much too! You and your camera at nap time, I have seen it is action! I wish I could get sweet sleeping pictures of my little. Love this!!!

prechrswife said...

So precious! There's something about big sisters and their little brothers...

Donna said...

They are just too sweet for words. (Oh and that "he's bothering me" thing?? Still hasn't changed around here....)

Amy Murphy said...

That is precious. And I love how Finn McMissile is peaking out from under the covers. :)

Brady Family said...

That is so precious! I love it when God gives us those little gifts of encouragement. And I absolutely love watching brothers and sisters become the best of friends.

Shonni said...

LOVE THIS. That is so sweet!

Heather said...

So sweet! A friend of mine used to tell her child that his whiny complaints were "hurting her ears" and that she would remind him of this often. It never cured him of the whiny behavior because we visited with them many years later and as an eight year old, he STILL whined! Hehe! Glad I didn't take her advice!!!

Cindy M said...

Sweeter than candy...print and frame it...or at least put it on the frig...on the off chance you'll need the reminder again someday. :)

Traci said...

awe! love it! so precious is the love of siblings young and old!

Jordan Carl said...

Love it! I was always told that love is like Novocaine, give it time and it always works!

Ok, I just made that up, but I think it might be true...

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I have walked that road too my friend. So glad God gives us glimpses to help us keep our sanity, ha! Thanks for the email too! I HOPE HOPE HOPE we can get together this fall in SC. :)

Jennifer Taylor said...

What a precious picture!! I love it!