Pages

4.15.2008

Happy Birthday to me...

...happy birthday to me!
Best way to celebrate your 35th birthday? Getting these words from your family coordinator...

"Kristi,

Your payments have been received and your dossier will go to China this Friday- Congrats! Good luck at the DMV...

Blessings,
Nicole"

**The above photo is just in case you aren't an international adoptive parent and wondered if we exaggerated on HOW MUCH paperwork heads overseas...

Yep, it's official, we are on the (super slow) road to a sibling for Kylie. She looks really excited about holding that box, but I'm sure she has no idea what the words sister or brother really mean... And yes, maybe it will be a boy, maybe it will be a girl, but definitely a child selected for us by God! Even after a year we still are often overwhelmed with the perfect placement of Kylie in our home! Her similarities to us are uncanny when you stop to think about the fact that genetics have nothing to do with us being a family! Please agree with us in prayer over the next several years that our second little one will have a good start to life and will be prepared for the crazy thing called life in our family when the time comes!

We don't anticipate getting a referral for several years, but that's okay ~ I have a sweet angel to focus on during this wait. She never ceases to crack me up. Yesterday morning I was eating a cheese quesadilla (I'm not much of a traditional breakfast eater) with (Pace medium) salsa for breakfast. Kylie eagerly helped me polish it off and then took the spoon from her oatmeal to clean out the salsa bowl. (The video was taken after about 10 spoons full) As you can see, she was pretty serious about her dip. Can salsa be considered its own food group?



By the way, I was in and out of the DMV in 30 minutes flat (that must be some sort of world-wide record!) and even was told Happy Birthday by two employees! I'm back on the road for 8 more years...

10 comments:

Amy Woods said...

I've commented maybe once on your blog before. Ages ago. But I do check on your little family from time to time. We just returned from China about 3 weeks ago with our new daughter. We are also with AWAA. I just wanted to say congrats on your new little one. What a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Whoppeeee!!! It's official - I can start work on the baby blanket(s). I plan do do one in blue and one in pink. I am so excited that we are on our way. Will Kylie ever be surprised when the time comes. I will be praying for my new grandson/daughter.
Love NaiNai Miller

Our Journey said...

Oh yea! I"m so excited for you all!!

Allison said...

Wow, congratulations! I'm jealous.

C.C. said...

Happy Birthday and a HUGE congrats on your dossier!!!

Cindy M said...

Salsa is DEFINITELY a food group!

I'm a little sad, myself, wishing we were DTC again. But after all this time, I can only trust GOD'S timing, not my own. We'll be praying for your new little one! SOOO exciting!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday and DTC day! We are so excited for you guys. We are holding you in our prayers. Another blessing on the way!

Love, Jenny & crew

Anonymous said...

Horray, and happy birthday and congratulations on getting the dossier out. I know God already has your next child hand picked for you. Another precious blessing from Him. Will be praying for all four of you in the meantime.

Kylie, the "spicey" salsa video is wonderful. You must have an iron clad stomach. What a good little eater you are. Grandma is so proud of you trying so many new things.

Love, LaoLao

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on your dossier being complete!
Kylie is a funny funny girl... or is it her mommy who is funny because she lets her daughter eat salsa for breakfast! :)

Anonymous said...

that anonymous comment was Aunt Cici... oops she gets a little button happy! :)