Pages

10.30.2007

I blinked!

When you are a first time mom everyone feels that they need to enlighten you with wisdom. I've heard it all, some is true, some isn't, and some is just plain weird...

The one bit that I believed immediately was, "If you blink your eyes, she'll be grown up!" I believe it because I've already lived it. My god-daughters (okay, well technically only Sera is my god-daughter, but I love Anah just as much) are 10 and almost 9. I still remember walking into the hospital to meet Anah on the day she was born and then again to meet Sera on the day she was born. One day when Sera was Kylie's age I went to the park with Beth and her girls. I remember standing in front of that swing and pushing Sera back and forth just like it was yesterday. She was so tiny!

I guess I blinked about 7 years ago because yesterday Kylie and I went to spend the day with Beth's girls while they were out of school. Same swing, but now it was my daughter getting pushed by Beth's daughters...


And then they showed Beth and I that we could sit back and catch up by taking Kylie to play on the equipment...


So yeah, I know that in the blink of an eye they grow up! Trust me, I'm trying to keep my eyes wide open and enjoy this stage right now!!!

Oh, and I must share the stylin' gift that Beth and Anah (Sera wanted to get Kylie a more practical pair of pale pink suede boots...) picked out for Kylie.


Here's hoping that I can blink past her stage of wanting to wear these babies out in public!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just need to know if she has cried to wear them yet. I think they are adorable. And yes they do grow up fast. I can't believe those are my girls in the pictures. I love watching them grow, but it is hard to believe sometimes.

Beth

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots!

Laurie said...

Kristi,

I've been out of town and am starting now to catch up with some websites. I had so much fun reading about all the things Kylie is doing this month. The picture of her eating chips out of the bag is my favorite!! Thanks for your comments on my site- you are too sweet. I can't wait to be back home and check in regularly with you again. Have a blast tonight- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :)

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Love the boots Beth! Great job! I hope Kylie wants to wear them everyday!