Pages

5.12.2007

P.F. Chang's (Kylie's first taste of Chinese)

One of Ian's co-workers suggested P.F. Chang's for our dining pleasure. Don't ask me why, but that was the first time we had Chinese food since we've been home ~ strange since before we left Chinese (usually at Soho) was an every other week event.

It was a great meal that we enjoyed family style and we had great variety (chicken, lamb, veggies, noodles, and rice). Kylie decided to attempt chopsticks for the first time.

"Hmm, these aren't as easy as a fork! Maybe Mommy will teach me to use them..."

While Kylie didn't figure out how to use chopsticks this time, she found it great fun to be fed by them! After she ate a little tomatoes and cantaloupe, (and I made sure the guys had taken all the food they wanted), we tried broccoli and tofu in curry sauce (bit hit ~ she finished what was left!) and some of the spicy noodles. How do kids know instinctively to slurp? She LOVED them and chowed down until she hit a piece of hot pepper...


"Ha ha, I'm playing with my food and Mommy isn't getting upset! In fact she's taking pictures, I'm gonna milk this for all it is worth!"

No comments: