Pages

1.31.2007

Kylie's dresser

So on Sunday's post (Sunday takes on a new twist) I commented about the dresser Ian built for Kylie's room. It has received its last coat of paint, has been carried upstairs, and the butterfly drawer pulls have been applied. Now all I have to do is fill it with adorable clothing...

Today has been very productive for me! I FINALLY got my suitcase packed and I'm quite proud of myself for how little I'm taking (though I dropped out of girl scouts, I'm usually well prepared ~ another way of saying I'm an overpacker!) As of right now mine and Ian's suitcases together weigh in at 58 pounds. That would be well under the 88 pound allotment that we have together once we are in China. But then there is Kylie's suitcase. That sucker weighs 48.2 pounds. I've tried to take stuff out, in fact I've already removed 6 pounds, but I'm just gonna suck it up and pay the overweight charge at this point. I'm done stressing about it!

I wish that I could even express all the emotions I'm feeling right now. I have to admit that I'd wondered from time to time if this day would ever come. And now it is tomorrow!!! Please join with us in prayer that the predicted weather doesn't cause us to be delayed.

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering... Sunday night we stood around Mama's driveway saying the catchphrase of the day, "This is the last time we will (fill in the blank) without Kylie." This blank was about loading the car ~ which includes Maya ~ as we left Mama's house, following praise team practice and supper. As we pulled out of her driveway we were both very quiet. I knew what was running through my mind, but wasn't sure what was on Ian's mind, or if he was just quiet because he was tired. After a few minutes, he looked at me and asked, "So, am I the only one, or are you sorta nervous?" Sometimes he CAN read my mind!

Don't get me wrong, I'm so very ready to try my hand at motherhood! We fully believe that God directed the CCAA in matching Kylie to us. It's just that I start thinking every now and then, "Am I going to know what to feed her? How often does she need a bath? When does she get Tylenol and when should she get Motrin instead?" And I thought I had to make a lot of decisions as a teacher...

No comments: