Pages

3.04.2021

my *almost* freshman twins

 So this was just a hot minute ago...

I remember the day clearly, the feelings of disbelief that my (at the time) middles, 'the twins', were going for kindergarten orientation.  

'They're so big!'  I thought.

'How can they be growing up so fast?' I wondered.


Then I pulled one of my famous "I'm just going to close my eyes for five minutes" routines.  (the ones that make Ian chuckle quietly as our Transit heads down the road as he turns up the volume on NPR because he knows by now what that means.

In this case closing my eyes for five minutes translated to *just a wee bit* longer.  Because here I stand bouncing between 'the (older) twins' (cause yeah, since their kindy orientation we've grown by another set of 'twins') for their high school orientation.


HIGH SCHOOL.

What in the world?  


I guess they felt it was okay to follow in the footsteps of their older sister who has blazed the trail before them.  Or time just keeps marching on.  Something like that.  

Whatever it is, here we are nine impossibly short years later.  My big twins are on the brink of being high school freshman. 

It just doesn't quite seem possible...

(Covid times = virtual orientations)

No comments: