Pages

10.08.2019

Happy 13 candles to you!

Caleb,

I look at the young man you are today and almost have to shake my head in disbelief.  While I remember you well as the cheeky toddler that walked into my life almost eleven years ago now, my most concentrated memories of you are at age 5.


I think that is the year you truly came alive and we saw your personality burst through like never before.  Or maybe it is because while the face has matured into that of a man child, the grin and that mischievous glint in your eye hasn't changed one bit...
Though perhaps your eyes do disappear just a little more when you giggle now.


 Aside from constant holes in the knees of your pants, wearing out your sneakers long before their time and growing so fast it has been nearly impossible to keep you in jeans that are long enough (if you'll wear jeans...shorts seem to be your jam even on 20 degree days) you have been such an easy kid.

If we could all adopt your happy go lucky attitude and relaxed vibe I think the world would be a better place.


At 13 you are in your third year of tricking/parkour.  It is so fun to watch you "do your thing" at the gym.  It blows my mind how you can flip yourself around and pull of crazy stunts with ease.


Beyond going to Enso, you enjoy reading (yeah...five years ago I never thought I'd type that about you), mostly Percy Jackson, the Alex Rider series and most any graphic novel you can get your hands on and playing Minecraft, usually with your siblings.


I appreciate that you are comfortable enough in our mother/son relationship to tell me that I'm a little bit "cringy" when I pick up a hairbrush and use it as a microphone to sing during impromptu kitchen or car karaoke moments.  And I love you enough to rebake your birthday cake on a super busy day...turns out that you do need to pay attention to what size cake pans the recipe calls for.



Keep smiling my love.  Keep making other people smile.


I look forward to the day you determine how you are going to use your natural gifts and talents in a career path...you have more going for you than many.
You are loved beyond what you can imagine.
My heart is yours...

No comments: