Pages

4.26.2016

gratitude for our village

Caleb went back to school yesterday and I began to step back into "normal" life. As I reflected upon our "Groundhog Day" existence in the hospital it truly humbled me as I realized what happened outside the walls of Wake Med in that 13 day stretch.  
I didn't prepare a meal for two weeks, and yet my family had delicious, home cooked meals every night. I was at the hospital every afternoon at 3:45, but my other kids never were left at school. Ian and I often switched out after the kids went to bed, but they were never at home alone. Our dog was walked, our mail picked up, kids got to swimming and dance, and loads of things to entertain Caleb when he felt up to doing more than sleep arrived at the hospital without Ian and I ever doing a thing.
My mom, my sister and countless friends stepped into our crazy to keep the Miller circus running. 
Thank you to our village for being the hands and feet...

No comments: