Pages

8.27.2012

the numbers game

The number of kids in our home has changed drastically in the past several years.

Five and a half years ago there was one.

may 2007
Then in October of 2008 the number grew to two.

august 2009
March of '10 brought the third.

feb 2011
And for the past two summers there have been four.

august 2011
However, this past Thursday at "Meet the teacher nigh" I came face to face with the fact that the numbers ~ at least during the school days ~ are gonna be changing...and in a direction I don't really like...

getting ready to walk up the hill to the school to find out Ky's teacher and meet the kindergarten team
august 23, 2012

That's because my three bigs are all now school age.  Ky's first day of first grade is today and Caleb and DQ go for their kindergarten staggered entry day on Wednesday.  Can someone tell me exactly how that happened?

(because I'm gonna find out how so I can prevent it from happening to the wee one...)
((just kidding of course))
(((well, sorta)))

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that during the day I'll be down to one by my side.

wonder how many times i'll call all four names when we're leaving somewhere before i finally get used to just calling him?
While I do think that it's gonna be precious time for us together, it sure is gonna be a BIG adjustment for both of us.

Hope he's ready for all of mommy's attention...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and if you think that the dress that DQ so carefully selected to go meet the teachers looks a little familiar...

august 23, 2012

...that would be because exactly one year prior her big sister chose it for the same occasion.

august 23, 2011
I love how their minds think alike ~ must be sisters, right?

(And if you are wondering, even though I admit it sounds like something I would do, there was absolutely no coaching on my part to make that happen.  I was all melancholy and spent some time looking back at the posts about Kylie getting ready for school last year when I realized they had both chosen the same dress.)


8 comments:

Laine said...

Kristi that is adorable!!!

I love every single one of those kiddos and miss you all so much!

Happy Back to School Week!!!! :)

Laurie said...

LOVED this flashback!! The picture of Ky and Caleb makes me smile so big... just precious!! Even though I know you're sad, I'm really looking forward to all of your "Days with Daniel" posts come next month! :)

Anonymous said...

I know how you can fix this. . . . . ;)

But if not, I know you will enjoy your Daniel Days! :)

Our Journey to China said...

Oh my, been praying for you all. Especially Mama. :) I hope the week is a blessed one and you all adjust. And remember......the beach is coming soon! E said last week and again yesterday, "Mommy, when do I get to go to the beach and play with my friends?!" I told soon, my sweet girl, soon! :) BIG hugs to you all!

mohsin said...

your blogger is awesome i like your work style

Heather said...

Oh My! But I think you and Daniel will be making some wonderful memories together during school hours. Will DQ and Caleb be in the same class? And, as you already know, my goodness they are adorable kids!!!!!

Nancy said...

Wow, its crazy to see how much they have grown!

Nancy said...

Wow, its crazy to see how much they have grown!