Pages

3.06.2012

most magical moments at the Magic Kingdom

Oh so many thoughts about yesterday at the Magic Kingdom.  Ian and I were there for the first time in over 30 years.  So for us there was much reminiscing of the past and sharing our childhood memories of this place with one another.

And then there was seeing it through the eyes of our children.  Fresh and exciting, even better than what we remembered from being there at about their ages.  More to come soon (so I don't forget ~ this is our family scrapbook after all) but for tonight before I hit the pillow, the day's most magical moments...

while first glimpse of the castle was on the monorail, walking toward it on main street took their breath away ~ and that goes for all four kids!

Oh Small World...exactly how I remembered it.  And yet maybe even more wonderful than when I was a child.  I was sitting between Ky and Daniel and Kylie quickly caught on to trying to figure out which country was being represented as we passed.  She nearly jumped out of the boat in excitement when she recognized the area that represented her home land.  Her face in that moment will forever be etched in my mind.

He has probably ridden a carousel more than 20 times, but they still bring a twinkle in his eye.  Something special in the simple things I guess.


Our littlest princess asked her leading prince to dance with her in front of the castle.  And of course he was happy to oblige.


And while this ride made me fear the year 2024 when he turns 16, one little boy is STILL talking about driving the race car...


11 comments:

Andrea said...

I want to vacation with your family! You have so much fun and look so relaxed!!

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

I love this family photo! Something about Disney land always makes me smile. I loved it as a child, and can't wait to take our daughter there! :)

Cindy M said...

It's true. Disney with your kids is even better than Disney AS a kid. Love that first photo...and as the parent of TWO driving children, love the last one, too. I'm thinking about ways to get out of the boy child driving in three years...if only lying weren't a sin. :)

Laurie said...

GREAT family shot in front of the castle!! And I'm with you on Small World. It was just like I remembered!!

Sharon said...

Loving your pictures. I have never been that interested in going to DW but after going myself back in Oct I would love to take the kids...even the Bigs. Lately Hudson has been telling me he want to go so we may have to head that way one of these days. Looks like u are having a blast!

Julie said...

I can't lie, I got a little teary reading this. I have dreamed of taking our kids there for a long time and I cannot wait for the day when they see the castle for the first time!
Sounds like you are having a blast! Love that the girls wore their dresses :)

Grandma Shultz said...

What a day. Excited gazes, dancing with a prince of a Daddy,
driving a race car, riding the carousel..... Must get a copy of the family picture - it is great.
Love you guys.

Heather said...

Oh boy! I just know that are having the time of their life! How cool!!!

Nancy said...

Awesome! Love the family photo. How sweet... Ian & DQ dancing. Love it!

Our Journey to China said...

Oh, so much fun!!!! I think we need a reunion trip to Disney!!! Can you see the excitement on 16 children's faces at once!!! :) Ok, so I am dreaming, maybe not all 16 would smile at the same time...but it is magical place after all! :) I am so glad you guys are having so much fun!!!

Traci said...

So much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!