Pages

1.24.2012

10 years

We spent the day with my college roommate and her girls yesterday.

It was one of those rare days that Beth was off from her job with hospice, both school systems lined up with a common teacher work day and no one was sick.  

It may have been nearly a three hour ride each way, but oh was it worth the drive.  

So wonderful to catch up on six months of family happenings.  A true delight to see her girls loving on my crew.  Mind boggling to realize that just 10 years ago, her girls were the age of my two littlest.   
Ten years ago they'd come to spend the weekend with Ian and I.  And while we provided lots of entertainment, the two things they remember most was me painting their fingernails rainbow colors and using my stainless steel mixing bowls as hats in the bathtub.

**Yes I do have plenty of pictures of those "hats."  Sadly that was before my digital camera days AND we have no scanner**

Last night Anah and Sera asked if they could give my crew a bath before we left.  How in the world did those ten years slip by so fast?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What. A fun day! It's so wild how fast friends's kids grow up.

Traci said...

I can't believe how big Anna and Sera are! Wow to bad they don't live closer... can you say babysitters?

Anonymous said...

We had such a GREAT time! Thanks so much for making the drive. It is unbelievable how they have all grown! I'm just glad we have remained friends through it all! Funny, I can still remember that cafeteria line when we first met....and well......talk about a long time ago! My kids and all of us love you all! Thanks for making more memories with us!

Beth