Pages

3.11.2009

It's how we roll

After all the excitement yesterday, our "morning block" today was simply spent enjoying the warm weather in the back yard. We took out the Little People garage and made roads in the mulch, both kids took their babies for a spin in their strollers, and after they watched their baby strollers roll down the tiny bit of an incline in our yard, an idea was born...

"I'm so glad we had the idea to get in the wagon together and push ourselves down the hill!"
This repeated itself over and over and over. For real, they did this for close to an hour, sometimes solo (alternating turns WITHOUT my intervention) but most of the time together, giggling the whole way! And why did the game last so long? Because I told them that to "do it again" that they had to take the wagon back to the starting point. Seriously, they were singing, "Teamwork, teamwork, everybody teamwork!"

Yes, Caleb is sporting the pajama top, diaper bottom, sandals "redneck style" of dressing. That's how we roll around here...

10 comments:

Tricia said...

You know how you said Andrew was gonna love me for my post about him in the bathtub? Caleb's gonna love you too... :)

Laurie said...

DARLING!!!! We had 25 degrees here- bummer!! Aaron likes to be dressed, but Allison could run around in panties and a t-shirt all day long!

Lisa said...

I soooo love it when you keep it real! I'm glad you're enjoying nice weather :0)

Our Journey said...

Don't you just love that kids just don't care about vanity @ this point?! I love it! And the picture of them in the wagon w/ the babies - too cute!

Tricia said...

I have to admit that it wasn't until this morning that I got the title of your post. Sometimes I'm so slow... :) (Aren't you glad I'm willing to make fun of myself to make you smile?)

Anonymous said...

What a fun morning. I think Caleb is the best little "red neck" alive. He looks perfectly comfortable to me! What a fun idea - guess we can just leave children alone and they come up with their own games - "Teamwork" sounds like a good one.
You kids are so smart!
Love, LaoLao Shultz

Anonymous said...

Love the look Caleb. Looks like you guys had fun!!!
Aunt cici

Angela said...

I love that picture of them in the wagon. It totally captures the joy of being a child!

Robin said...

I think the pajama top, diaper bottom redneck look is perfect.. LOL

I love seeing their smiling faces rolling in that wagon and watching them work together.

Anonymous said...

Around here, we call that a Winn Dixie baby. They closed down so I am not sure what the new title is. Glad to see them have creative fun together. Hope to see you soon!

Beth