Pages

12.16.2008

Gettin' in our veggies...

...any way that we can! Cindy, I'm sure you're gonna think that I'm ultra sneaky, but I learned this WW trick last year for a delicious chocolate fix. Just mix a Devil's Food Cake mix with a 15 oz. can of pumpkin and a touch of water, fill 12 muffin tins, and bake according to package directions. If you follow WW, it's only 1 point, but if you have a vegetable snob kiddo, you can't imagine the satisfaction of knowing that at least a few more vitamins are going in with dessert!!!

And more good eating news is that he loved a BBQ beef brisket that I made in the crock pot today! (First protein beyond scrambled eggs, corn dogs and peanut butter that he's eaten in weeks). Kylie loved it too, so that will be in our rotation in the future. Oh, and thanks for the tip Uncle Adam, he loves the Strawberry Banana V8 blend juice! Overall I've decided that he'll eat when he is hungry...

By the way, I wish I could post the picture of Kylie after helping me make the cupcakes this afternoon (we had some special mommy/daughter time while Caleb was still napping)! Just picture her standing on the top step of her step stool, one foot balanced on the handle, wearing nothing but a pull-up, licking the spatula (after the muffin tins were full), with chocolate smeared all over her face and belly... I've got one cute little girlie!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm the first to comment! Maybe cause it's 4:00 AM in the states. Ha! Loved the picture of Caleb- and don't worry about your floor sleeper- she'll eventually find the bed more comfy! :) Question- does Caleb pick up everything and throw it on the floor? This boy thing is really interesting! :)

Tricia said...

Pumpking is a vegetable? I'm having me some pie for lunch!

Anonymous said...

I love it - chocolate and pumpkin. Two of my favorites. And Caleb likes it! You are becoming very creative in getting him to eat more veggies. Good job!
Love, Lao,Lao

Anonymous said...

Cutness! Isn't Uncle Adam smart!?
Aunt Cici

Pam said...

I've got a picky eater, too! Kate's only protein is scrambled eggs and Chick Fil A nuggets. And no veggies or fruits even. Sigh.... I may have to give the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes a try~ she certainly does have a sweet tooth!

Pam

Jeff and Valerie said...

The joys of having a picky eater. I too understand. I have learned that they really do eat when they are hungry ... now if only they would eat something healthy!