Pages

5.22.2008

Hug your family today!

We are grieving for a family we've never personally met. The Chapman family has inspired so many of us in the China adoptive community ~ Ian and I included! I've been a big SCC fan for years now (his concert was the first that Ian and I attended together and our "first dance" at our wedding was to I Will Be Here). I also feel connected to his family because of their generosity to helping unite orphans in China with loving families through Shaohannah's Hope. When I heard the news of Maria's death last night (just as I was headed for bed) I had to go into Kylie's room and just watch her for a bit. Some crazy part of me wanted to get her out of her crib and bring her to our bed to sleep. I can't begin to imagine the sense of loss the family is feeling right now.

1 comment:

Jen Barbee said...

I am right there with you. I can't imagine the pain this precious family is facing. I still couldn't sleep last night as it was in the fore front of my mind once again.