Pages

3.19.2008

So... how was your day?

Yesterday Kylie was already sleeping when I got home from preschool. I worked on some scrapbooking pages that I've been meaning to get to for months now and got a load of laundry done while she napped. She was ready for a snack when she woke up, so I grabbed her a yogurt and a few cucumber slices and sat down at the table with her.

She happily chatted about the rhino that she and her daddy saw at the mall a few weeks ago (in a toy store I think ~" it was BIG! and it had a "horn on nose!") and the school buses that kept rolling through our neighborhood (much to her delight). After about five minutes of chatterbox mode, the conversation got quiet for a few seconds. Kylie looked at me quizzically and said, "Sooooo..."

Silence. I then decided the ball must be in my court and replied, "So, how was your day?"

Kylie smiled, gave a high five and said, "It wa piey gu." (It was pretty good)

How grown up is she becoming?

And on that note, tonight I think we moved into a new phase of life around here. (I'll preface this by saying two things. 1 ~ For the past 2 1/2 weeks I've only had to change two poopy diapers because she has been willing to go on the potty ~ but it pretty much has been me watching for signs that she needed to go and asking her. 2 ~ One day I'm sure she'll be pretty ticked about me sharing this info, but I'm pretty proud of her and I figure at least I'm not posting pictures...) Tonight we were sitting in Subway waiting for Kylie to finish her pickle (oh, there was a bit of ham on there too) sub when suddenly she looked at me and said, "pe u e on potty." (Pe u e comes from her interpretation of me saying, "Phew-U-Eee!" when I used to change yucky diapers).

I doubted she could possibly be serious because she had gone at home earlier, but when I said, "really?" she very emphatically said, "YES!" And so we went... And she was right... And therefore we have entered the realm of using public restrooms...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Glad you see you posting again, and LOVED the poopy story!! YEAH, Kylie!!

Anonymous said...

Where did the talking in sentences come from, Kylie? Seems like one day you were saying one word at a time and the next day you were talking in sentences! I remember the pride as a mother and now it seems more heightened watching you develop, my precious little granddaughter.
LaoLao