Pages

11.15.2007

Chap stick obsession

When we first got home from China in February, Kylie had the most chapped lips! I guess it was due to the change in climate from warm, moist air to cool, dry air. Anyway, I had the worst time trying to get chap stick on her lips back then. She hated for me to mess with her face and getting her little lips smooth was quite a challenge ~ think hog tying the child down...

How she's changed from then to now!!! Kylie has a complete obsession with chap stick these days! She knows where I keep it on the counter and also in my nightstand (with the thumb sucking her lips get dried out pretty quickly ~ gotta have it at easy access) and will come over licking her lips, grab my hand, and pull me to the closest location for her application. Last week she still let me put it on her lips, but this week she wants to do it herself. It almost looks as if she uses it for a microphone, but she actually spreads it on thick. The process makes her incredibly happy and creates some adorable pictures.

I do believe I know what will be a major component of her Christmas stocking!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Maggie loves chapstick too--like mother, like daughter!

Cindy M said...

Okay, I'm loving that picture of her in blue! HOW ADORABLE! And the one in pink reminded me SO much of a look Caroline gets on her face! Amazing how you can see a resemblance here and there. "Are they triplets?" :-)

Anonymous said...

Good Idea! Chapstick is great - no color but balm for the lips. You are smart to have found it, Kylie. I love you.
LaoLao

Laurie said...

LOVE those pictures! Allison has the sheep pajamas- YEAH- I finally own a pair of YOUR adorable jammies! :) You have such great posts- keep it up!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Chapstick is big in our house too! Especially if it is flavored.

Cute photos!