Pages

3.25.2007

Kylie's Mr. Right?

Where does a weekend go? Suddenly it is 11:25 on Sunday night and I've just managed to re-tidy (is that a word?) the house and upload pictures from my camera. I really sort of want to go to bed, but my brother is coming tomorrow (YAY, no ~ make that a DOUBLE YAY!) and I know that if I don't get started on this weekend that the next post will be amazingly long.

Friday night the planets finally aligned properly so that we could work out the schedules of two families and meet my dear friend (all the way back to high school here) Jen and her family for dinner. I'm not sure who loved Kylie more, Jen or her youngest son, (he's 18 days younger than Kylie) John Christian. It is a good thing the two got along, because somehow the kind folks at Texas Roadhouse thought it was a good idea to put us in a long booth and stick two high chairs side by side at the end. (At least it was better than the corner spot the Macaroni Grill gave us for Kylie last weekend... )We ended up taking about two hours over dinner and it was so nice to catch up with Jen. Thank goodness our husbands get along quite well... In fact the only person who was left "unmatched" was her older son, Carter, who is 5. Luckily he was quite flirtatious with the waitresses and seemed to entertain himself quite well. Eventually though he snuck under the table to ask me, "Can your baby walk?" He was quite pleased when she gave him one of her hands (and the other to her daddy) to walk out of the restaurant. Once we were outside he just kept walking up and down the sidewalk with her as we adults remembered those last few things we forgot to discuss over dinner...
And then Kylie got her first sugar from a boy. Of course it wasn't quite caught on camera, but let me tell you the moment was adorable! Apparently it was pretty memorable too, because the next day when I was telling her Aunt Traci about it, she nodded her head and raised her eyebrows. Saturday morning Mama came over to entertain Kylie while I cleaned the house (for the first top to bottom cleaning since we've been home from China) and Ian planted his raspberry plants in the back yard. Not much fun to say about cleaning, but it is nice to have momentary distractions from one of the cutest kids on the planet. She still likes to chill out in the "Chinese squat" position ~ and yes, I saw MANY folks of all ages resting like this in China!Following Praise Team practice we went to visit a newcomer to the world! Our friends Amanda and Joe welcomed their new daughter early Friday morning. Emma weighs in at 7 lb 9 oz and after getting used to my darling 22 pounds, Emma felt like nothing at all. She is adorable and wouldn't you know that I forgot to get my camera out of the diaper bag while we were there...

After getting a bite to eat, we stopped at Target to remedy the "no girlie hat" for Kylie issue. I had failed to mention that another mom at the park called Kylie a boy the other day when she was wearing Alex's khaki ball cap ~ guess she just can't see beauty when she looks at it. I'm thinking that with this one there will be no more issues. Oh, how I love this child!!!

1 comment:

Jeff and Valerie said...

Kylie did so well with her new friends. I love the hat. Very cute. How nice to get your house all spiffied up cuz now you can relax and enjoy your bro's visit.