Pages

1.17.2007

And the packing begins...

Well, still no word from our agency on definate travel dates. We are hoping that the tentative date they gave us of January 25th ~ which would put us meeting Kylie on the 29th... or wait a minute, with the whole China is one day ahead of us thing, would we really be meeting her on the 28th? I have to think about that one... ~ will hold true. All we are waiting for now is the US Consulate Appointment so that her citizenship will be established before we leave Guangzhou.

I don't work at the preschool on Wednesdays, so I've been busy preparing for the trip ahead today. Finally I've cut tags off of Kylie's clothing and started washing her tiny clothes. There is a load of crib sheets, blankies, and socks in the washer right now, but here are the other loads I've done so far...Oh, and yes, things are stacked on top of one another...

So do we need that much clothing for a little person for two weeks? My answer is "I have no idea!" I've never packed for a baby for a weekend trip, let alone two weeks! Do I pack just a few things and plan to use hotel laundry service for her clothing, or do I way overpack for her in case the hotel laundry detergent irritates her skin? Oh, and it has mostly been in the upper 60s to lower 70s all month there, but a few days were in the 40s. So what weight clothes do I pack? And then of course comes the fact that I only know how big she was in August, what size clothes do I take??? So yes, I'm probably taking everything on the couch, it is a variety of sizes and clothing weights ~ at least her stuff is small so I can cram lots into her suitcase...

My suitcase is another story for another day!

No comments: