Pages

11.28.2006

Close call....

So... I'm sitting here at my desk, working away and suddenly the phone rings. Knowing that this may well be the week that our referral arrives (and the agency will call us) my heart rate instantly shoots up to well over 100 as I fumble with the phone to answer it. aarrrggghhh.. No, I do not want to buy anything! So I settle back into work. Then, while I am on the phone with my co-worker (business line) my cell phone starts ringing. As I am fumbling to get it out of my pocket to see who it is our home phone line starts ringing! This MUST BE IT! They are calling every available number. I wouldn't have been surprised to see a carrier pigeon land on my window sill! I check my cell phone.... Its a friend calling. I hear the message starting to be left on the machine.... another sales call. UGH! Don't these people realize! So, that was all yesterday.... Today I'm sitting here calmly when a FedEx express delivery truck stops in front of out house!!!! The guy gets out with a letter sized package. My heart races as I just about tackled the guy to get the package. I start reading the address on the front. ITS FOR US! Then I look for the sender and it's.... AAAARRRGGGHHHH! No, its not our agency, or China... We've volunteered to help staff a booth at a local youth workers convention to hand out information on sponsoring children through Compassion International. They sent us a DVD with information on what to do while we man the booth. Now... don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about staffing the booth but I don't know how much more I can take.... I mean really.... Multiple phone calls AND a FedEx truck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is what it would be like if going into labor took 2 years.

It doesn't, though, right? Just making sure...