Pages

3.10.2021

'our' nights in Rodanthe {Tuesday ~ we could get used to school days like this}

We have a giant dry erase board in our entryway and use it as a family message/discussion spot.  Just before we left for our week on the coast the question was, "What is your favorite thing in nature?"  

My response?  

Sunrise/sunset over water.

It was a glorious week to soak in those moments...

tuesday morning ~ sunrise enjoyed with ian, ky & dq

While the oldest three chose to sit on their beds or at the desks in their rooms (with an ocean view) for school, the littles were drawn to the sunlight and views provided in our living room for their classroom time.


After getting everyone settled in to their morning meets, I hit the beach to enjoy my daily quiet time walk. I'm not sure exactly what conditions shifted overnight, but the water literally changed color from the greenish-brown it was when we arrived to the most amazing shades of turquoise.  What a fun birthday surprise for our sweet DQ who admired the clear waters when we were here in October. 

As I walked I had several wonderful surprises.  First was noticing a large piece of seaglass, something I've always been intrigued by, literally at my feet as I walked.  


Second was a large piece of driftwood just begging for some pictures to be taken.  I could just hear Dad's voice in my mind saying, "Look at that piece of driftwood," as I explored the best angle.

I got back to the house at lunchtime and the wonderful thing about being oceanfront is that when the beach calls over lunch break it's easy to answer.




Catching a dose of Vitamin D, whether walking, searching for shells, jumping or just letting sand run through your hands over lunch is pretty much the best!  The break gave everyone a boost to finish up the day and as soon as they were done with assignments, back to the beach they went...

I don't really understand the rules of this game these four spent much of their downtime playing, but they did and they enjoyed it and I guess that's all that matters.

And remember my favorite thing in nature?  Since the Pamlico was literally 1/2 mile from the house, and Ian and I had scouted a good sunset viewpoint the night before, we loaded the crew into the van for a quick sunset viewing party before dinner.

oh these people...a little crazy but they're mine

my peanut is always good for a snuggle


it was windy which caused the kids to give up and seek shelter in the van, but we stuck it out until the very end...

Beachy school days.  One could get used to this...

No comments: