Pages

4.07.2018

Holden 2016 (day 3)

04/01/2016

Not every day at the coast is necessarily all sunshine, and as it had been a while since we've experienced a rainy day at the beach, I suppose we were due.


After a leisurely breakfast and morning, we headed to explore The Museum of Coastal Carolina.


While not as huge as our science museum downtown, it focused expressly on the ecosystems and history of our coastal region and we found it a good way to pass a dreary weather morning.


Who knew owls were an important part of the coastal ecosystem?


Thankfully the weather cleared and while no-one was interested in suiting up to play in the water, everyone was game for a long walk down the beach.


Along the way we found great fun in jumping off the sand cliffs created by the tide.  The boys challenged me to show my best move and I think I surprised them...heck, I even surprised myself with my inner ninja ability.


We actually made it all the way to the northern tip of the island...


..., pretty amazing considering some sets of legs in the family are pretty short.


And then before dinner we squeezed in a bit of fishing.


Because fresh crab (all we caught on this expedition) could serve as a tasty appetizer.


Or we threw him back and just enjoyed the rhythm of casting and reeling in while talking and laughing with family...

No comments: