Pages

10.20.2017

being 8 is indeed gr8!

She tried to scowl about having her picture taken.

She honestly, really, really did.


But anyone who knows my firecracker knows that even the saltiest of moments are short lived.  There's just too much joy in this one.

And that effervescence doubles on a birthday...


Did I say doubles?


Guess what I really meant to say was that it "oct-doubles!"


 Cause this girl is now on her eighth trip around the sun.


And we're the lucky ones who get to share the journey with her!

 This one's love language expresses in several ways, one of which is having unlimited dinner options. So off to the Chinese buffet we went where she enjoyed several helpings of her favorites...sushi rolls, potstickers and chow mien noodles.

And then it was home for cake.


Like her big brother she also has a sweet tooth for the Pioneer Woman's chocolate cake with Nutella ganache.  I could probably whip one of these out in my sleep by now.


Again, not a show stopper, but she knew what it tastes like and I suppose that's all she needed.


And the gifts.

Legos.


Pokemon.


And her beloved Descendants.

Natalina Catalina.  You've brought new energy and life to our family for just over four years now.  While my head recognizes there was a time without your sparkle, my heart no longer remembers it.  I've never known a child with the amount of grit, determination and self confidence as you.  While there are obstacles that may try to slow you down, your perseverance and pure heart will no doubt see you through to recognize any goal you set your mind to.  May you always retain the sweetness, the loyalty and your general trust in the goodness of mankind that you possess today.
My heart is yours my feisty one...

No comments: