Pages

9.02.2016

3 years with the Nugget

I find that I can't look back at our Gotcha Day pictures of her without getting emotional. Just shy of four years old, she had no idea what was going on...but I know her well enough now to see that she knew it was far, FAR beyond her normal. That look of uncertainty in her eye that day slays me. We were in the room with several other families and suddenly she walked into the chaos, unsure of herself and her surroundings. We learned later she had never even seen a photo of a Caucasian...my poor baby girl.

And then I look at her today. There is an air of confidence about her. Her natural inclination is to be larger than life. Not many can pull off polka dots with stripes, but for her...well..it works. 

"Natalina Catalina", I say this all the time, but you truly were the firecracker our family needed. All my heart is yours...
Happy, HAPPY 3 year Forever Family Day!

No comments: