Pages

7.19.2015

not a care in the world {a day on the coast}


We've been blessed with amazing neighbors.

This year, especially this year with all the extra challenges and responsibilities we've faced, our family needed a day to marvel in the grandeur of creation and recharge our batteries.

Thankfully our next door neighbors provided us with just that opportunity by inviting us to spend a day with them at their house on the coast over Memorial Day weekend.

For just over four glorious hours, I truly had not a care in the world.


That's because my tribe was all within sight.


Playing in the beautiful waters of the Atlantic.


Trying to catch a wave.


Creating forts...


...and castles in the sand.


Digging...


...feeling the warmth of the sand under their feet...


...and the coolness of the water under their arms.


Ian and I spent time chatting with our hosts...


...and snuggling our little ones who needed just a few minutes of down time in our arms.


We captured some genuine smiles.


Because the ocean is our happy place.


There's simply something about the sand and the surf that is restorative to the soul.



[When my toes are sunk into warm sand and the ocean is lapping my feet, when I breathe in the scent of salt and hear the cry of a seagull, I know that I am returned to a place of restoration. I am home.I can heal here.] Toni Sorenson

No comments: