Pages

2.28.2013

His love

From the time my alarm went off Tuesday morning at home until stepping into the van that would bring us here, nearly 26 hours had passed.  To say I was exhausted would be an understatement.  With each turn our driver took it seemed that we were weaving randomly across the city.  I had no sense of time or direction.  


But then suddenly we left the main highway and turned onto a road lined with trees.  I knew exactly where we were.

It is good to be back!  

After a much needed night of rest, we had breakfast, attended a meeting where needs were made known and we petitioned the Father about them, and then had orientation to learn our roles for the week.  
(Orientation included a short video and my heart was filled with joy to see a picture of my baby boy from his time here).

My morning was spent in the toddler play room.  At first I wondered how that would be with my lack of Mandarin skills.  I quickly was reminded that to communicate with children, you don't really need language.  

I played a game with stuffed animals with one girl and was rewarded with belly laughs and claps of joy.  A bead chaser elicited endless smiles with one little boy.

 Another girl and I cooed at each other as I stroked her cheeks.  And one dumpling of a toddler boy snuggled up in my arms and fell asleep.

I may not have been speaking Mandarin to the toddlers this morning, but I'm pretty sure that the Father's love transcended...

6 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

awww. so sweet to read!

Donna said...

You speak "mama" equally as well..... praying for you....

likeschocolate said...

So happy all went well with the flight and how lucky these babies are to have you love all over them.

Traci said...

So awesome!!! Proud of you!

Mama said...

Love in any language is understood.
So happy you are there. Hug those little ones for me.

Nancy said...

Love!