Pages

12.16.2011

What do you get when you take four bottles of red and green sugar and sprinkles...


...and cross them with...


...four...


...adorable...


...sugar lovin'...


...kiddos?

Why piles of sugar and sprinkles and crushed up candy canes, some even with sugar cookies hidden beneath of course!


But they sure were good!


And yes, for the record, all four bottles of garnish were emptied on these 24 unsuspecting cookies.  And I never told any of my kids to use restraint, even the one who put nearly as much sugar in his mouth as he did on his cookies.  I'm slowly coming around from being the "sugar overload Grinch."

8 comments:

Laine said...

Um...we had a 'baking' day over a week ago and I am STILL stepping on stray sprinkles. A 'sweet' reminder of pudgy hands and sticky fingers and I wouldn't have it ANY OTHER WAY!

LOVE YOU--

jody said...

What a beautiful pic of Darcy!

Traci said...

Oh thanks guys! You didn't have to make all those cookies for me!? :)

Nancy said...

Good job, M kids! That's why they are called sugar cookies! My house will look similar on Monday.

Kathy said...

Works of art!! What a great bunch of kids, and a mommy that understands it all.
Love, Grandma M

Michelle Colbert said...

Oh You are such a great Mom!! Memories are what it's all about. I am gonna do this with my kids this week....you have inspired me. No fussing about all the sugar either. Sweet Sweet!!

Our Journey to China said...

Awesome! Some sugar, some cookies, sprinkled with LOTS of love and fun family memories...nothing better!!!

Grandma Shultz said...

Way to go, Mama. We all express ourselves differently. Love my time with all of you last week. See you very soon for Christmas!