Pages

4.06.2010

Surgery


Sunday morning at church Ian and I observed Darcy drawing a picture.  When she was finished she held it up and looked at it from about three feet away.  Then she held it over on her right side and held it about three inches from her eye.  And I realized then just how difficult it is for her to see with her "helper eye."  That "sealed the deal" for both of us on how excited we are for her to have surgery to relieve the pressure in her eye so that glasses will improve her vision.

Tomorrow is the big day.  Darcy's goniotomy surgery is scheduled for...well...honestly I don't know exactly what time it is scheduled.

Today I've alternated between being excited about the procedure that I believe is going to relieve the pressure in Darcy's eye to being a bundle of nerves about my baby going under general anesthesia.  When I called for her surgery appointment time I was in an "unnerved state" and jotted down the reminder notes about "no food or milk after midnight, only clear liquids up to 7am, check in time at 8:55,"  answered questions about if she's had a fever or been exposed to any contagious diseases in the last week, and gave cell phone numbers in case the surgeon gets behind early in the morning and they call to delay our check in.

It's just that  somehow I forgot to clarify exactly what time the surgeon will be working to improve my girl's chance for sight in her eye.  I'm thinking that check in is an hour before the actual procedure, but there's a lot going on in my mind right now and I just can't seem to remember for sure. And I also seem to be experiencing writer's block.  I spent a good part of nap time today trying to compose my thoughts and am unhappy with my inability to convey my trust in God, unease about anethesia, and excitement for the potential results with words today.  But having extra prayers being lifted for my youngest was more important than my writing skills today...

So will you join us in praying at a vague time in the late morning tomorrow that Darcy's surgery is successful?  
We're excited that soon she may be able to see much more clearly!  I'll update as quickly as possible tomorrow once we're home, though it will be a few weeks before we learn if additional surgery will be necessary. 

29 comments:

nikimac said...

I will be praying for Darcy......and for Mommy and Daddy.

God Bless

Nicole said...

I will pray for Darcy, and for her whole family!!
Hugs!

Michelle said...

I will be praying for Darcy and your entire family...

natali said...

praying for sweet little Darcy and you guys!! :))

Allison said...

We will be on the road home at that time so I will say a prayer as we drive back towards NC for both Darcy and her mama's peace of mind. :)

Pam said...

We'll be praying for BOTH of you, Kristi.

Julie said...

Praying for Darcy and you all tomorrow morning!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Zach and Evan have been under general anesthesia and have done very well. The only side effect we experienced was some crankiness that lasted most of the day.

I'll be praying for steady hands for the surgeon, quick healing for Darcy and peace of mind for mommy and daddy.

Love ya, Michelle P

Laurie said...

I think I'll just say that prayer right now and get ya' covered! I know what it's like to send your kiddo into surgery, so I'll be praying for YOU too! She'll do great, don't worry too much. I'll be checking in tomorrow to see how things are going. Thanks for letting us pray for her!

Vicki said...

Kristi, You have been a great source of how it is to be a Mom that trusts in Gods timing. I will be praying for you and sweet little Darcy.
Vicki (Lily's mom)
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com

Ann Marie said...

We've been where you are so many times before. We will be praying!!

Ann Marie

Amy Murphy said...

Will definitely be praying! I know how it feels to have your "baby" going under. We'll be doing it again at the end of this month.

Angela said...

It would be a privilege to pray for your sweet girl AND her family.

Serving the King said...

Father God we ask that you be with Darcy tomorrow. Lord we pray that you the Great Comforter, the Great Healer will reach down and be with this entire family. Thank you for going before them in this and may they all feel Your arms surrounding them throughout this day. Thank you for your faithfulness in hearing our prayers! In Jesus most precious name, Amen.

Leslie said...

We will be praying for your beautiful girl and her whole family. I pray that God would be her surgeon. We will be anxiously waiting to hear how she's doing. Love, hugs and prayers your way!

Gavin's Family said...

Kristi of course Darcy will be prayed for from our corner of the country. God being the Master Dr. will take care of Darcy's eye's.
You will also be in my prayers for those mama nerves.

Jen Barbee said...

Praying for you all Kristi!

C.C. said...

We will definitely be praying. And, those pics of Darcy are beautiful!

Nancy said...

We'll be praying for sweet Darcy tomorrow (and her mama!). Hugs, friend!

Lilly said...

praying for great outcome and the entire family!

HUGS!

TanyaLea said...

Oh Kristi ~ God knows your heart and He understands our doubts. There is no greater gift we can give one another than supporting eachother in the Word and in prayer for eachother. We consider it an honor to lift up your family and sweet Darcy, knowing that it is the Father's hands that will guide the surgeons. They are simply a vessel He is working through. We serve an AWESOME God and He hears our prayers! Hang in there and continue to lay your burdens at His feet, for He cares for you!! <><

Hugs,
Tanya

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for sharing this Kristi. I will certainly be holding you close in prayer today, as well as Darcy, Ian, and the kids! If you remember, you have been one of my strongest prayer warriors and I am humbled to be able to now pray for your family. The worries you have are all normal - I wish I could be there to send you off with a hug. Will be praying all morning and awaiting an update. Your gorgeous Darcy will be in good hands!

Sharon said...

Will be praying Kristi...It doesn't seem to matter how many times Hudson goes in for surgery but I get anxious EVERY time...I am sure she will do fine. Be prepared for a cranky, hard to console Darcy when she wakes up and remember if she acts a little like she did on Gotcha Day towards one or both of you, it will pass. My prayer is she will be calmed by mom and dad and it will make the bonding even that much more solid....also praying for GREAT success! Will be praying all morning!

Cindy M said...

Sent you an email...love you, friend...will be praying this morning.

Donna said...

Praying for all of you -
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

God has brought you all this far with Miss Darcy, he won't let you down. No negative thoughts from you young lady, just think of all the good things that you all will show Darcy this summer. Praying all day for everyone.

Our Journey said...

Praying for you all right now.. thinking that she may be in surgery about this time. Please know you're on my mind & all of you are in my prayers.

Cindy M said...

Anxious to hear..obviously...but I wanted to add that I love how little Darcy's hair is growing and framing her sweet face. And where's that "Caroline hair"??? Her hair is SO much thicker than Caroline's! AARRRGGHH!

KCCCKQCKKC's DAD said...

Kristy I have been praying for weeks and praying hard today for Darcy...I understand your fears and concerns, honey. "In quietness and trust you will find my strength" (I think that's Isaiah 30 but I'm shoveling lunch down while I type this, I can't look it up right now!)
Little man is doing good, still on vent and ICU but he's holding his own!
Thank you SO much for your prayers...can't wait to see an update on Darcy...
Love,
Laine