Pages

9.29.2009

These days

Where there once was chaos there is now harmony.

Ky loves to read books to Caleb and he will sit and listen just as long as she will turn the pages. I find them reading together several times a day!

It used to be that me taking a few minutes to load the dishwasher, prep a meal, or just actually close the bathroom door meant serious mischief (usually ending in physical harm for one child ~ caused by the other), but these days it likely means that I'll have to reorganize piles of books...

**I remind myself of how bad it was and take pictures of how good it is now so that I will have hope when the chaos ensues again following the addition of our newest family member. Yeah, I suppose that we could get lucky and that there will be three part harmony immediately, but I'm smart enough not to hold my breath...**

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Love it! And it took people like you to convince me it would happen in my own house- and now that it is it is soooooo wonderful. Unlike you, however, I'm stopping at 2 to make sure the harmony continues. At least for awhile. Ha! I can't wait to see the 3 of your kiddos together- what a blessed day that will be!

Tricia said...

It’s nice to Kylie and Caleb getting along so well. I’m reveling in the harmony at my house too. Last night Adam helped Andrew with some homework, and then Abby took a turn and helped him. This morning Abby discovered that she forgot to turn her math paper over and do the back. Adam stepped right up and helped her through it in no time. I’m starting to see how larger families work… :)

Michelle said...

You would not think that adding a 14 month old to our family would cause so much chaos we had months of it. Now they can't wait for her to wake up from nap when they come home from school. Thanks for the prayers Makenna is feeling better and has had no fever since Monday.

Rachelle said...

So great to see kids adjust. We are starting to see that... It feels good!

Grandma Shultz said...

How sweet. Kylie, it is so nice that you will take time to read to your little brother. Know that both of you will be helpful with Darcy when she comes. I love you and miss both of you.
Love, LaoLao

Nancy said...

That is so sweet! Its been so cool to watch their relationship grow!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the calm before the storm!

Lisa said...

"Remember former deliverances" is one of the things God has really been speaking to my heart lately. You are wise to take lots of pictures and when the time come...remember!

They are so sweet together!