Pages

7.13.2009

What's done is done

So we all had some shaggy hair. And between yesterday and today we've all been trimmed, some of us more than others. Caleb's bangs are a bit short, but his hair grows like the grass in my front yard, so in a few days it will be bordering too long again. At least this stylist listened when I said I liked his hair "textured" in the front and didn't give him a blunt trim.

This picture shows both our new stove (delivered last Wednesday ~ that's a good story!) and gives me photo evidence of who is responsible for taking the kitchen towel. For a long time I couldn't figure out how we went through four of them a day. He loves to carry a little towel around!

And then there's my sweet girl. I think the stylist who "trimmed" her hair had a different idea than I did about giving her a little style. I was thinking more of a bob, apparently she was thinking a pixie? And I got distracted when she first started cutting ~ that's the disadvantage when you try to save time by having both kids trimmed at once (at different ends of the salon of course...)
I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it is cute, I just keep being almost startled that it's my little girly girl with the pixie do! And if you're wondering, Ky LOVES it! She can't stop looking at herself in the mirror (or the window, or anything else remotely reflective...)



















Can't decide between loose and free or the butterfly clip. Thoughts?

**I know Kylie likes the loose version better as she's been so tired of me chasing her with a clip saying that the hair in her eyes drives me crazy. It's just that she looks so much older than 3 to me in that picture...**
Oh, and Aunt CiCi, that's Darcy's blankie that she's modeling...

This one is for my cousin who wanted to see the back of Ky's hair. I'll try to get a better shot up tomorrow before we head out, but just in case... From the back it pretty much looks like it did, just about 1 1/2 inches shorter! Kylie kept smiling as the hair piled up around her on the floor and said, "That's my hair Mama, it's gonna be short!"


17 comments:

Tricia said...

I like the loose style better. But her smile is adorable in the clipped picture. Which style does she prefer? And why not different styles on different days? God bless.

Laurie said...

She'd be adorable if she were bald, but I'm voting for the loose style. I remember Allison's first cut, where I asked for texture and got the blunt cut instead. UGH! Glad Caleb's gal listened to you! :)

Tricia said...

Oh my word. She's so cute. I vote for the loose style too. I'm glad she loves it. And Caleb's is cute too. I do love his textured bangs. Have a great trip!!

Tricia said...

Also, I'd love to see the back...

Did you get yours cut too?

Our Journey said...

It is very pixie like - but she looks younger (that might make you feel better? I always feel better when people say that about Anne Marie) I do think I like the "loose" style. (I do love that smile in the 2nd photo though!!)

Nancy said...

They are both adorable!!!! I think its cute with the clip (and without). See what mood strikes her!

Melissa said...

OK, I love both of their new "do's"! I do love Kylie's loose look, but I also love the clip look too! Change it up as her mood changes :) You must be getting so excited for your big vacation!!! So many fun things going on in your lives!!! Happy Packing!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! She is precious any way her hair is! I like the clip... but I like it loose too! No more hair in the eyes! Caleb is a hansome little guy too!!!
Aunt Cici

Anonymous said...

Oh and PS... Get that poor boy a blankie! :) The poor thing has to carry a kitchen towel! :) haha
Aunt Cici

Larisa said...

she looks like a lil tinker bell!! I love her hair! Caleb looks mighty handsome his as well!

Sharon said...

I think they both look adorable. The haircut before his most recent she did the "texture" thing in the front of Hudson's...it just looked crooked to me. Caleb's looks much better!!!

Grandma Shultz said...

I like her hair loose - she looks like a little pixie. Caleb's bangs are great - I want mine like that. Want to see your haircut, also. Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.
Love you,

Heather said...

I LOVE the cuts - they look wonderful! And I am laughing so hard at the picture of Caleb. I am one of those parents that said, "NEVER" .... but after the reunion I may reconsider, ha! (ask Laurie - Eli is FAST and still not "listening" well. :))

Have a great vacation. Yes, we are back and I will update you soon. :)

Angela said...

Gorgeous either way, but being oh so practical, I say go without the clip...it's one less thing to have to keep up with. And that Caleb...how does he manage to get cuter (excuse me, I mean more handsome) every time you post? Can't wait to see a picture of your newest!

3 weeks till our move! Have a great trip. I'll be in touch soon :)

C.C. said...

I LOVE both of the new do's!

Anonymous said...

You're right, it is like my haircut but the straight version. She is so adorable with it! I love it.

Glad you guys made it to Yellowstone safely and enjoy your time to reflect.
Caroline

Andrea said...

I think her hair is super cute! Looks so cool and clean but most importantly tangle free!