Pages

5.26.2009

He said, she said...

So it's been a while since I've recorded what's being said around our house...

First we have my little man.

For the record, I know I may be a bit biased, but in my eyes he is one of the cutest boys in the state of NC!


In January (a mere three months after Caleb heard English for the first time at two years old) our new pediatrician suggested that we consult a speech therapist because Caleb only had about 20 words in English. By March his frequent vocabulary list had expanded to about 50 words and in the past few weeks his spoken vocabulary has completely exploded! He is talking up a storm now, but the things we hear the most are:
"Wha hap-pen?" (What happened? This is one that I'm sure that when it goes I'll miss, but right now I'm ready to not hear those words 1000 times a day).
"Ware Ty-io?" (Where's Kylie?)
"Ware Da-dee? At work? He beee bahk!"
"Mohm-mee, ware ahr uuu?"
"I wan my be-be an banket."
And much of his other vocabulary centers around his favorite thing to do ~ EAT!
"I have yo-yurt peas Mohm-mee."
"More fow-yer" (More cauliflower ~ yes, I think it is strange that his very favorite thing to eat is oven roasted cauliflower.)
And tonight, despite the fact that he had shredded roast pork and rice on his plate, "More sa-yad peas!" And when we put more lettuce and carrots on his plate he devoured it...

And then my beautiful girl.
I don't remember now what she was playing with in the yard one day last week when I took this picture, but I love how her features were captured! Again, I know I'm biased, but I think she's beautiful!


Today I talked to a friend who told me that
her daughter had finally decided it was time to make the change from pull-ups to underwear and I relayed the news on to Kylie after we got off the phone. Her reaction, "She's wearing big girl panties like me? I'm so proud of her!"

We had to go to the doctor's office today because Ky was having some serious stomach pain and after speaking with the advice nurse they wanted to rule out appendicitis and urinary tract infections (she's fine by the way). As we sat in the waiting room checking out the fish tank some other rambunctious boys ran over to look. They bumped into Caleb and almost knocked him over. Kylie's mother hen qualities quickly kicked in and she said, "Hey, be careful, he's littler than you are!" And then to Caleb she says, "Come over here by Mommy and she'll keep you safe."

When I was getting ready to put Caleb down for his nap today Kylie said that she was headed to the living room to go to work. I asked her what she was going to do at work and she said, "Oh, you know, I have to check my email on my Elmo tomputer."


9 comments:

Larry and Carol said...

I agree that they are beautiful kids. The picture you captured of Kylie is beautiful and so real.

Ally said...

I think you are right they are some beautiful little ones. Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow. I love having pictures of the everyday life to treasure when they are older. Love picture of Kylie!

Our Journey said...

Anne Marie's favorite veggie is cauliflower too! And yes, he is the cutest thing in NC (and I'm sure farther than that) I love the mothering words from Kylie - it's so sweet -- and isn't it funny how girls just know that?!?!

Tricia said...

Hey, are you doing something different with your camera? These pictures have a lot more depth to them...very nice!!! Nice to see you back in the blogging world. Hope your trip to the mountains was nice.

Love ya

Sharon said...

They are beautiful......how blessed we are to enjoy our beauties from China!!!

Lisa said...

No biased is needed...these are gorgeous children!

I love that you are recording their vocabulary and comments. That will be so priceless. Sadly, you really do forget :0(

Nancy said...

You DO have beautiful children! Love what they say... so cute!

Grandma Shultz said...

The vocabulary growth for Caleb is amazing. They ARE beautiful children - inside and out. Kylie is always singing her "church" songs. She is so sweet and sensitive. Caleb is so outgoing. He can't stay mad for more than 10 seconds. Then he runs up and nearly tackles you to hug your legs. The picture of Kylie is lovely.
Love, LaoLao

Anonymous said...

Isn't it precious! the mind of a child is precious!
Aunt Cici