Pages

12.13.2008

A matter of perspective

To some (including me when I had only one child) the following sight would bring a deep sigh, thinking that the chair cushion would have to be reset and all the pots would have to be washed before being used again.But to others (and the me that has TWO toddlers), it means a few minutes of peace during the normal "bewitching hour" as we wait for Ian to get home so we can eat supper. Actually it was about 10 minutes of giggling play time between the two. (Thank you Jesus!)

And yes, when Ian arrived I pulled the cushion back onto the chair frame and went ahead and washed the pots (for fear that I'd forget before I cooked again next time), but I did it with a smile on my face!

And just in case you wondered what they were cooking...
A taste of Fisher Price Little People Nativity stew anyone?

7 comments:

Jill said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Nice!
Aunt Cici

Nicole said...

Very Nice, just wait till you add more, and see how the perspective changes yet again! Fun stuff!

Cindy M said...

Add a couple more kids, and you probably won't wash the pans, either...

:-)

rachel said...

this post especially got a smile out of me as a break from studying :)

Tricia said...

Why did you wash the pans? :) I'm assuming if you cooked in them, they would get REALLY hot and kill all germs. Just put 'em back next time...

Anonymous said...

Cooking baby Jesus is a little disturbing! hahaha Can't believe Caleb is without a top as he is so cold natured. Know that it is glorious when they play well together. And if you hadn't washed the pots - they would have boiled out all germs when you heated them again! haha
Love, LaoLao