Pages

12.23.2008

Al-eh-dander

The weather didn't cooperate for Alexander's visit, but we still had a blast! Friday we hung out in our backyard












I love profile shots and just had to throw in the one on the left that was taken in May for comparison.

I'm not sure who enjoyed Alex's visit more, Kylie and Caleb or Maya!

and then went to see the lights of Lake Myra after dinner.

Saturday we had a lazy breakfast fixed by Ian (pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs) and then tried to decide what to do. Alexander suggested that we take Maya for a walk and we ended up just heading to the park despite the grey skies.A rare sighting ~ Alex looking at the camera MINUS the typical cheesy smile!My sandbox queen who has found a sudden affection for her "pinhk hat dat says Suhn-set Beech, Norf Taro-yinah"My two guys working hard!

Sunday was church, lunch at Red Robin, and then watching football while little people napped. As always, the visit was too short, but we will take advantage of living only an hour and a half apart, and I should see him again soon!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like a good time.
I would give anything to go to a park right now, even in what you thought was not so great weather. My kids are bouncing of the walls here and outside isn't an option, not with the -15 windchill! It is beyond cold, it is down right freezin, if you know what I mean?
You all with out any coats is making me just a bit jealous! Hopefully we get a break soon, I am all for a white Christmas, but this with no snow, not fun!
You all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!

Cindy M said...

Well, bummer on missing out on Ian's breakfast AND Red Robin! We have one here now, though...maybe we can go when you visit next!

"Al-eh-dander" looks a lot like his big sister! What a handsome kid!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I hate I missed it.
Aunt Cici

Anonymous said...

Glad that the overcast day didn't stop you from going to the park and having fun! Would love to see Alexander. Perhaps one weekend when he is with you, you can come down here.
Love, LaoLao Shultz