Pages

7.23.2008

The land of my children's birth

China is a fascinating place! I think that I find the more I learn the more I realize I don't know about this land. There are centuries of tradition that we Westerners read about and yet can't quite wrap our minds around. As much as I learn about the place my children come from, I will never be part of it. This is perhaps why I long for them to learn Chinese and to have the best understanding of the culture, so that they can be part of both worlds...

At any rate, I'm really excited about the Olympics next month. I remember spending hours watching the summer games with my family as a child and this year you better believe that I'll be glued to the couch on opening night! I hope that all controversy can be put aside and that for the duration of the games the world celebrates athletes that have trained for much of their lives to have the chance to run, jump, swim, and play team sports with some of the best in the world.

Check out this link to see some of the amazing construction going on to prepare for the games!

**Regular post to follow soon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link, that was awesome. I am so excited and ready for the Olympics myself

have a wonderful night~

Krista

Laurie said...

I love the Olympics too! It'll be nice to finally be able to tivo everything I want to see instead of miss my favorite events when they are on at 3:00 AM! :)

danny said...

I also like learning Chinese for its attractive culture and long history, though Chinese is definitely not easy to learn.
I'm learning it from a good website. My Chinese friends suggest me taking courses in http://www.hellomandarin.com/ I think it’s helpful to me.

Anonymous said...

Kind of neat that we'll all be at the beach the first week of the Olympic games so will be watching the events in China together. What a fascinating, diverse country of Kylie's birth.
LaoLao