Pages

5.19.2008

The day changed

We just returned from a wonderful family get away, everyone slept through the night, and spring was here in NC today. It was one of those brilliant, blue-sky days where you feel light as a feather and even though there are things that need to be done, everything seems perfect.

And strange how reading an email and a phone call a few minutes later can change your mood. My little cousin (actually my cousin's 20 year old son ~ I've never really understood that "second cousin" or "once removed" stuff) who is an Army Ranger is being deployed the first weekend in June to the Middle East. I know that thousands have sent loved ones into harm's way, but now it is personal to me.

And as I was digesting the information, I found out that a very dear friend of ours (who is only 22) got a life changing phone call today. Her mom called her to come home because her father passed away unexpectedly this afternoon. I've been on the receiving end of that same phone call ~ the best way to describe it is to say that it feels like getting kicked in the stomach, but you just can't catch your breath.

Combine those two things with the heart-breaking information that continues to come in from China, and I just don't feel like I can be light-hearted and post about our beach trip tonight. Maybe later this week...

1 comment:

Gracie's Journey said...

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you. I will be praying. You're girl is so delightful and cute! Love the video's!